The Trenton MFRC provides services and resources that support the well-being of military families serving at 8 Wing/CFB Trenton. By military families, we include all military, regular force or reservist, and their parents and close relatives. In all our work, we comply with the Privacy Code of the Director of Military Family Services (DMFS). All our services are confidential.
The Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) recognized the many challenges facing families every day as a result of the military lifestyle and also recognized the important role played by families in maintaining troop morale. Consequently, the Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) was established in 1991 to help the Canadian Military achieve operational readiness by enhancing quality of life and enriching the military experience for families. To accomplish this, we provide specialized programs and services that promote health, education and social well-being.
To promote and facilitate community based services that enrich, strengthen and enhance the quality of life for our military families.
Where every military family feels welcome and supported.
- To respect fully family members’ rights to privacy
- To treat all families and each other in a fair and equitable way
- To ensure programs and services meet military family needs
- To create new programs to meet emerging community needs in a timely manner
- To provide general information about potentially important trends or occurrences to the appropriate parties while fully respecting individual rights to privacy
- To broaden community appreciation of the many standard resources and services that the Trenton MFRC offers to military families
- To broaden community understanding of the kinds of assistance the MFRC can offer to families facing specific difficulties
- To work consistently to improve our own skills and abilities while committing ourselves to a philosophy of continuous improvement in the services we offer
- To be fully accountable to our military families for providing a range of quality services that meet identified military community needs
- To be fully accountable to our funders for the effective and efficient use of their resources
- To be fully transparent to our community and our funders in our exercise of this accountability
Familiarize community members with our organization.
- Welcome Packages
- Base newspaper "The Contact"
- Liaison with community groups & organizations.
Invite community involvement at all levels to foster a genuine sense of ownership and belonging.
- Service users
Reflect changing needs of the community in programming and activities.
- Community survey
- Community input
Message from the Executive Director
Whether you are considering a move to the area, have newly arrived or are fortunate enough to have lived here for a while, we want to welcome you.
The Trenton Military Family Resource Centre is a thriving place for everyone. Filled with staff and volunteers who understand and have likely experienced similar situations as you. We understand. Life is busy, complicated, unpredictable and sometimes overwhelming. Life is ever-changing. If you want to learn a new skill, volunteer, find some community resources, relieve some stress, make new friends, reach your employment or educational goals, we have something to offer you. You are not alone in this wonderful community we live in.
MFRCs are not just for people with children anymore; consider this a meeting place for everyone no matter what point in your life you are at. Get involved and find out what you have to offer as well as what others have to offer you. We look forward to meeting you and your family.
Call or email today, we would love to get to know you better.