WHO WE ARE
In 2013, we created Hydropothecary to meet the needs of the medical cannabis market. With the addition of HEXO, our adult-use cannabis brand to our roster, we’ve set our sights on being a market leader – through innovation, sustainability, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We have the opportunity to make the cannabis industry serious, business-oriented, and responsible. So we’re building a dynamic team of professionals that aren’t afraid to step outside of their role, try new things, and challenge the status quo.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Dried Processing Supervisor
Reporting to the Dried Product Processing Manager, the Dried Processing Supervisor will supervise employees, oversee production, assess issues, and perform other relevant supervisory duties.
• Maintain dried product processes in conjunction with the schedule put forth by Dried Product Manager and Production Planner.
• Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance department to lot certain dried products for sale and for the submission of samples to be sent for analysis.
• Maintain work flow for, milling, decarboxylation, product preparation and pre roll production of dried product by analyzing production reports created by Team Leads.
• Observe production control points and equipment, as well as monitor personnel allocation and resources to assure quality standards are met.
• Implement cost reductions and help develop reporting procedures and systems.
• Create solutions to malfunctions within the production process.
• Provide production information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answer questions and respond to information requests.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing team leads on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Back up miscellaneous positions in production as required.
• Promote and ensure that safe working procedures and practices are always adhered to i.e. Health and Safety, PPE, dress code requirements.
• Make production schedules so that they effectively fulfill current production plans created by the Production Planner.
• Analyze and compile data as it relates to Milling, Decarbing, Pre Rolls, and any additional processes that are added to the department.
• Continuously work to optimize all processes.
• Effectively manage all team leads, specialists and personnel where applicable.
• Work with outside departments to help the department grow in both size and effectiveness throughout the ongoing expansion process.
• Any additional tasks that are deemed necessary by the Dried Processing Manager
• Critical/logical thinking – have to locate problems, and then think of those problems from a variety of perspectives to assess the best solution
• Very strong leadership skills – teams are often comprised of very bright, raw talent. Mentorship is critical for company goals to be accomplished
• Excellent communication skills – working with people across the manufacturing process, they have to be able to manage people well and communicate new ideas effectively
• Creative thinking and excellent problem-solving skills – have to be able to solve problems in a new way, seeing past what is established and create a new way of doing things
• Calm under pressure – must be able to troubleshoot at an advanced level. If a problem is delaying manufacturing, they must be able to come up with effective working solutions quickly
• Degree/Diploma in science or similar field of study
• Over 2 years of management experience
• Manufacturing experience is an asset
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Belleville facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment. HEXO Corp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in joining the HEXO Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Facilities Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Language: Please Select
Dried Processing Supervisor - (click to open)